Zoom Recorded Dhamma Talks & Sutta Study Sessions
Links to the Zoom Recorded Dhamma talks and Sutta study sessions on YouTube.
- April 12th 1st Dhamma talk, Q&A, and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/Kixt0Q5VATs
- April 15th, 1st Sutta Study, Turning the Wheel of Dhamma: https://youtu.be/xOEmRNDUzIY
- April 19th 2nd Dhamma talk– 3 Levels of Suffering: https://youtu.be/O1uXxuDmRiU
- April 22nd sutta study, Sabbasava Sutta:https://youtu.be/nUC5DaSP0BI
- April 26th, Dhamma Talk on Five Aggregates: https://youtu.be/3ldtJOaBSxc
- April 29th sutta study, Sammaditthi sutta, M.9: https://youtu.be/7vQNjIdG6_E
- May 3rd Vesak Puja/Dhamma/Talk/Meditation:https://youtu.be/dhE4eQ_0UhY
- May 6th Sutta Study, Mahacattarisaka, M117: https://youtu.be/c0WUrHmetjw
- May 10th Dhamma talk:Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta:https://youtu.be/LsqV18HIt8A
- May 13th Sutta Study, Anatta Lakkhana: https://youtu.be/QXhFBfaqogk
- May 17th Dhamma Talk: Intro to Meditation; https://youtu.be/2wQvzFX1Y-w
- May 20th Sutta Study, Mindfulness of the Body, M.119: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBQ4hnokihM
- May 24th Dhamma talk, Wisdom, Mindfulness and Concentration plus Five Hinderances: https://youtu.be/jYseGztM2Bs
- May 27th Sutta Study, Conquest over the Five Hinderances, selected excerpts: https://youtu.be/3NIX5Y-YxpU
- May 31st Dhamma Talk, Insight Knowledges: https://youtu.be/aFyNGMRQVsU
- June 3rd Sutta Study, Satipatthana Sutta, M.10: https://youtu.be/mcU-HmJS8LI
- June 7th Dhamma talk, Ten Fetters and 4 stages of Freedom: https://youtu.be/JZPrcL42mJs
- June 10th Sutta Study, Anapanasati Sutta, M.118: https://youtu.be/-lFM6rq_0CM
- June 14th Dhamma talk, Review of Meditation process: https://youtu.be/oT6Y97X89Dk
- June 17th Sutta Study, Rathavinita Sutta, Relay of Chariots: https://youtu.be/Eo1kLbC65qE
- June 21st Dhamma reflections for special days: https://youtu.be/cSg78QdwTK8
- June 24th Sutta Study, Bhaddekaratta (One Excellent Night) M131-134: https://youtu.be/U7qQ5qpgC2o
- June 28th Dhamma talk,Samsara and Dependent Origination: https://youtu.be/r4qC01PUx_8
- July 1st Sutta Study, Dependent Origination/Samsara: https://youtu.be/PF-79YURnO4
- July 5th Dhamma Talk, Moment to Moment Rebirth: https://youtu.be/ieRc_LVA8Tg
- July 8th: Sorry to inform but this Sutta class was accidently not recorded.
- July 12th Dhamma talk, Nibbana, The Deathless: https://youtu.be/RMN4qwUU0A0
- July15th Sutta class, Nibbana, Samsara, No-Self: https://youtu.be/jdDh9OEQtdw
- July 19th Dhamma Talk; 8 Thoughts about Dhamma and Practice: https://youtu.be/JfQ5LwxTYvw
- July 22nd Sutta Study, Mulapariyaya Sutta M. 1; The Root of All Things: https://youtu.be/Y-JeRNqzS8g
- July 26th Dhamma Talk; The predicament and the Escape: https://youtu.be/Oa4vxtydEO4
- July 29th Sutta Study; Cula and Mahakammavibanga Suttas, Expositions on Kamma, M135 and 136: https://youtu.be/Y_wKitbwU6M
- August 2nd, Q and A, yoga and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/gw8QerJWIjE
- August 5th Sutta Study and guided meditation:https://youtu.be/V9Vf1qmLHNc
- August 9th Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/rHMFMK0Uf04
- August 12th Sutta Study, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/MenpljOIjLU
- August 16th Dhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/vd–uKjPovI
- August 19th Sutta Study and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/gZ77L5sXvxk
- August 23rd Dhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/91NTARWwHDs
- August 26th Sutta Study and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/3KQTSdfDvJk
- August 30thDhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation:Dhamma talk with Q and A followed by guided meditation: https://youtu.be/a04WsCKnGSc
- Sept. 2nd Sutta Study with Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/qpNbbM4I0Sg
- Sept. 6th Dhamma talk with Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/nhPn0I3wg0M
- Sept. 9th Sutta Study, Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/jV96MA6IDlA
- Sept. 13th Dhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/uGAFC8U_lBw
- Sept. 16th Sutta Study, Upali Sutta, M 56: https://youtu.be/2-5rUNonbwQ
- Sept. 20th Dhamma Talk, Balancing the Spiritual Faculties: https://youtu.be/0Q2IgxcJZ5w
- Sept. 23rd Sutta Study, Potaliya Sutta, M 54: https://youtu.be/u1_nI8e2_XE
- Sept.26th Dhamma talk on Yoga, Three part breathing and exercise, meditation: https://youtu.be/DqFnQKZB9L4
- Sept. 30th Sutta class, Malunkyaputta Sutta, M. 63 and 64: https://youtu.be/0SM0OInphPY
- Oct. 4th Dhamma Talk, Detailed exposition of craving:https://youtu.be/LmUiX7R5glo
- Oct. 14th Sutta Study, Salleka sutta on Effacement, M.8: https://youtu.be/XXwYstSU4hs
Meditation programs with Bhante Rahula
We will gradually be re-opening in-house meditation programs and weekend retreats.
Thanksgiving retreat from November 26th to 29th.
We are planning a retreat over the Thanksgiving holidays from Thursday eve November 26 to Sunday noon 29th. This retreat will be both an in-house retreat for those wishing to have a more full retreat, and I will offer certain sessions of the retreat over Zoom for those unable to come or who wish to stay at home. The topic of this retreat will be: Living and Dying with Awareness.
Those wishing to come for the entire retreat should register by sending us an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No part time participants will be allowed to come for only the daytime sessions; There will be a limit to eight staying overnight in order to preserve social distance.
The listing of the sessions via Zoom will be announced later along with the meeting ID and password. Those who would like to participate via Zoom should also send us an e-mail indicating such.
We are having Afternoon Intensive practice every Saturday between 2-4.30 pm (except during weekend retreats). We will keep a minimum of six feet apart. You can also sit outside weather permitting in our grassy meadow.
We now offer a space for doing a Self retreat for experienced meditators, to come for between two-seven days outside of organized retreats, here at our center. A meditator recently did so and offers her experience here for those who might be needing some time for oneself in a conducive environment.
“This summer I spent a few days on a “self-retreat” at Lion of Wisdom. The mechanics of it went like this. I slept out in a tent under the trees and stars. Every day I got up at 5:00, drank a cup of tea, and did morning yoga with Bhante Rahula. Then we sat for an hour, then ate breakfast, and then I spent the rest of the day meditating on my own time and in my own way. I would sit in the meditation hall, or do walking meditation inside or out, or sit outside in a little mosquito netting meditation tent. I’d drink more tea here and there. We ate lunch in the middle of the day. Then in the evening Bhante would lead me in another yoga session, followed by another hour of sitting together, and then it was time for bed.
On a formal retreat, your days tend to be pretty structured, and you’re given instructions in what to do. Formal retreats are invaluable. But it’s a really cool and interesting practice to try to structure your own day of meditation, which is what you have to do on a self-retreat. You realize you need to pay close attention to your instincts, so you know what feels like the right thing to do in each moment, and then commit to doing that thing. This can require a more subtle awareness of what’s going on in your mind than when you are simply following someone else’s instructions. It’s a really cool thing to watch and act on, and I think it probably helps your awareness develop beyond the days you are on retreat.
I am really grateful for these days of self-retreat at Lion of Wisdom. Especially now, when so many meditation centers are closed down because of coronavirus, it was so great to be able to go sit somewhere that was not my apartment, and to be in a space dedicated to meditation, designed to helping me fully dedicate myself to meditation. If you have a couple days to spare, I highly recommend it.
If you would like to come for a self-retreat of between 2-7 days (perhaps longer) send an e-mail request to Bhante Rahula at: email@example.com
The DOMs, Days of Mindfulness will begin again when the Pandemic social distancing guidelines are relaxed further.
Three types of meditation sessions/retreats normally offered here at the Pannasiha/ Lion of Wisdom Meditation Center.
Days of Mindfulness (DOM).
These typically are held on one or two Saturdays per month. They begin at 9 am and finish at 4.30 pm; they are geared towards relative beginners with some light yoga stretches, instruction/guided meditation and a Dhamma talk. More experienced meditators are also welcome. Bring a bag lunch or veg. pot luck dish to share.
Afternoon Intensives (AI)
These are held on the Saturday between the DOMs from 2-5 pm. They are geared for experienced practioners who do not need any instructions or guidance. People can sit or walk as long as they like with no bells. Tea is available and interviews with Bhante Rahula may be available.
Two or three day retreats.
These will usually begin on a Friday night with a DOM on Saturday and continue until 4pm the next day or an additional day. People must register for staying overnight as dorm type sleeping accommodation is limited. People living nearby have option to go home in evening and come back next morning; breakfast and lunch will be provided. People are expected to observe the monastic rule of not eating solid food afternoon; No evening meals will be served. However, persons with medical need can bring there own snack supplement. No cooking is allowed but a microwave may be available to warm up soup etc.
People should inform us of this need.
Things to bring with you: Sleeping bag or bed sheets, pillow case, personal towel, yoga mat if you have one, house slippers and refillable water bottle.
There is no charge for any of these programs but donations are gratefully accepted, as this center exists solely on donations to support this service.