Zoom Recorded Dhamma Talks & Sutta Study Sessions
Links to the Zoom Recorded Dhamma talks and Sutta study sessions on YouTube.
- April 12th 1st Dhamma talk, Q&A, and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/Kixt0Q5VATs
- April 15th, 1st Sutta Study, Turning the Wheel of Dhamma: https://youtu.be/xOEmRNDUzIY
- April 19th 2nd Dhamma talk– 3 Levels of Suffering: https://youtu.be/O1uXxuDmRiU
- April 22nd sutta study, Sabbasava Sutta:https://youtu.be/nUC5DaSP0BI
- April 26th, Dhamma Talk on Five Aggregates: https://youtu.be/3ldtJOaBSxc
- April 29th sutta study, Sammaditthi sutta, M.9: https://youtu.be/7vQNjIdG6_E
- May 3rd Vesak Puja/Dhamma/Talk/Meditation:https://youtu.be/dhE4eQ_0UhY
- May 6th Sutta Study, Mahacattarisaka, M117: https://youtu.be/c0WUrHmetjw
- May 10th Dhamma talk:Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta:https://youtu.be/LsqV18HIt8A
- May 13th Sutta Study, Anatta Lakkhana: https://youtu.be/QXhFBfaqogk
- May 17th Dhamma Talk: Intro to Meditation; https://youtu.be/2wQvzFX1Y-w
- May 20th Sutta Study, Mindfulness of the Body, M.119: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBQ4hnokihM
- May 24th Dhamma talk, Wisdom, Mindfulness and Concentration plus Five Hinderances: https://youtu.be/jYseGztM2Bs
- May 27th Sutta Study, Conquest over the Five Hinderances, selected excerpts: https://youtu.be/3NIX5Y-YxpU
- May 31st Dhamma Talk, Insight Knowledges: https://youtu.be/aFyNGMRQVsU
- June 3rd Sutta Study, Satipatthana Sutta, M.10: https://youtu.be/mcU-HmJS8LI
- June 7th Dhamma talk, Ten Fetters and 4 stages of Freedom: https://youtu.be/JZPrcL42mJs
- June 10th Sutta Study, Anapanasati Sutta, M.118: https://youtu.be/-lFM6rq_0CM
- June 14th Dhamma talk, Review of Meditation process: https://youtu.be/oT6Y97X89Dk
- June 17th Sutta Study, Rathavinita Sutta, Relay of Chariots: https://youtu.be/Eo1kLbC65qE
- June 21st Dhamma reflections for special days: https://youtu.be/cSg78QdwTK8
- June 24th Sutta Study, Bhaddekaratta (One Excellent Night) M131-134: https://youtu.be/U7qQ5qpgC2o
- June 28th Dhamma talk,Samsara and Dependent Origination: https://youtu.be/r4qC01PUx_8
- July 1st Sutta Study, Dependent Origination/Samsara: https://youtu.be/PF-79YURnO4
- July 5th Dhamma Talk, Moment to Moment Rebirth: https://youtu.be/ieRc_LVA8Tg
- July 8th: Sorry to inform but this Sutta class was accidently not recorded.
- July 12th Dhamma talk, Nibbana, The Deathless: https://youtu.be/RMN4qwUU0A0
- July15th Sutta class, Nibbana, Samsara, No-Self: https://youtu.be/jdDh9OEQtdw
- July 19th Dhamma Talk; 8 Thoughts about Dhamma and Practice: https://youtu.be/JfQ5LwxTYvw
- July 22nd Sutta Study, Mulapariyaya Sutta M. 1; The Root of All Things: https://youtu.be/Y-JeRNqzS8g
- July 26th Dhamma Talk; The predicament and the Escape: https://youtu.be/Oa4vxtydEO4
- July 29th Sutta Study; Cula and Mahakammavibanga Suttas, Expositions on Kamma, M135 and 136: https://youtu.be/Y_wKitbwU6M
- August 2nd, Q and A, yoga and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/gw8QerJWIjE
- August 5th Sutta Study and guided meditation:https://youtu.be/V9Vf1qmLHNc
- August 9th Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/rHMFMK0Uf04
- August 12th Sutta Study, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/MenpljOIjLU
- August 16th Dhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/vd–uKjPovI
- August 19th Sutta Study and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/gZ77L5sXvxk
- August 23rd Dhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/91NTARWwHDs
- August 26th Sutta Study and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/3KQTSdfDvJk
- August 30thDhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation:Dhamma talk with Q and A followed by guided meditation: https://youtu.be/a04WsCKnGSc
- Sept. 2nd Sutta Study with Q and A, guided meditation:https://youtu.be/qpNbbM4I0Sg
- Sept. 6th Dhamma talk with Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/nhPn0I3wg0M
- Sept. 9th Sutta Study, Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/jV96MA6IDlA
- Sept. 13th Dhamma talk, Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/uGAFC8U_lBw
- Sept. 16th Sutta Study, Upali Sutta, M 56: https://youtu.be/2-5rUNonbwQ
- Sept. 20th Dhamma Talk, Balancing the Spiritual Faculties: https://youtu.be/0Q2IgxcJZ5w
- Sept. 23rd Sutta Study, Potaliya Sutta, M 54: https://youtu.be/u1_nI8e2_XE
- Sept.26th Dhamma talk on Yoga, Three part breathing and exercise, meditation: https://youtu.be/DqFnQKZB9L4
- Sept. 30th Sutta class, Malunkyaputta Sutta, M. 63 and 64: https://youtu.be/0SM0OInphPY
- Oct. 4th Dhamma Talk, Detailed exposition of craving:https://youtu.be/LmUiX7R5glo
- Oct. 14th Sutta Study, Salleka sutta on Effacement, M.8: https://youtu.be/XXwYstSU4hs
- Oct. 18th Dhamma talk, Dhammapada, Twin Verses 1&2; guided meditation: https://youtu.be/kXVWHaJR_ec
- Oct. 21 Sutta Study, M. 5 and M. 7, Without Blemishes and Simile of the Cloth: https://youtu.be/hVQF5W8dphQ
- Oct 25th Dhammapada Verses with stories 1-5 Stories; guided meditation: https://youtu.be/xGf7nfPaDaA
- Oct. 28th Sutta Study, Mahasihanada Sutta, M. 12, The Longer Discourse on the Lion’s Roar: https://youtu.be/kFa_MF6WpEE
- Nov. 1st, Dhamma talk on Mindfulness of the body, guided meditation and Q and A: https://youtu.be/9zwvp8xkfvI
- Nov.1st, Dhammapada verses 6, 7 and 8 and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/9uIwjQTTrkc
- Nov. 4th Sutta Study, Ratthapala Sutta M. 82, Q and A, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/FAVb43iWqhQ
- Nov. 11th Sutta Study, Shorter Discourse on Heartwood, Culasaropama, M.30:https://youtu.be/GwS0VnYR3r8
- Nov. 15th Dhammapada, Twins Chapter verses 15-18: https://youtu.be/6M27JWWAZrg
- November 18th Sutta Study, Discourses on the Cowherd, M. 33 and 34:https://youtu.be/Xj0vFSD-dfg
- Nov.22nd: Dhamma talk, Mindfulness is the Path to the Deathless, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/-fPe4NDcREA
- Nov. 25th Sutta Study, Shorter Discourse to Saccaka, M 35: https://youtu.be/hghi_Nd-gvs
- Nov. 29th Dhamma talk on Noble Eightfold Path, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/xMHAHyc0ez4
- Dec. 2nd Sutta Study, Longer Discourse to Saccaka, M
- Dec. 6th Dhamma talk, Dhammapada verses, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/9y3mR6ujL-U
- Dec.9th Sutta Study, M. 52, The man from Attakanagara:https://youtu.be/prjmZ9D0beY
- Dec. 13th Dhamma talk, Awareness of the Breathing Body; yoga and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/9Ib8W9gunxI
- Dec. 16th Sutta Study, M. 59, Many kinds of Feelings, guided meditation: https://youtu.be/Zr1R4MENIQM
- Dec.20th Dhammapada verses on Controlling the Fickle mind; guided meditation: https://youtu.be/3avKyuTs1UY
- Dec. 31st Dhamma talk from retreat-Eightfold Path: https://youtu.be/jvFTIdvC7tc
- (Talk above begins at minute 7.36)
- Jan. 1st Closing talk; Furthering our evolution: https://youtu.be/Plykk7X5i6g
- (Talk above begins at minute 23.19)
- Jan 6th Sutta Study on Mindfulness of Death; A.N. 8’s.73-74: https://youtu.be/-8L2TlS9KWA
- Jan. 10th Dhammapada verses 44-46, Analogy to Flowers: https://youtu.be/VFYpunubqQ8
- Jan. 13th Sutta class A.N. Eights, Great Chapter–Brahmin at Veranja: https://youtu.be/6BuAqV-LV_c
- Jan. 16th Dhammapada, verses 47-52: https://youtu.be/U2CND_LVsfA
Meditation programs with Bhante Rahula
New Beginner’s In-House Meditation Class starts on Saturday January 16th from 2-4.30 pm. This class is intended for those fairly new to meditation or those who do not meditate regularly. It will include a short talk, a short session of yoga stretches, a 30 minute guided sitting meditation followed by standing and walking awareness, and ending with a short Q&A session.
The second class will be on January 30th. However, from February onwards the days and times may change, so be sure to check the website for an updated schedule. Because of the ongoing Pandemic we will limit participation to 8 persons to maintain safe distancing, and wearing masks. Please let us know by e-mail at email@example.com if you wish to join this class.
Afternoon Intensives will be held for more experienced meditators every other Saturday beginning January 9th between 2-4.30 pm (except during weekend retreats). The A.I.’s are geared for experienced practioners who do not need any instructions or guidance. People can sit or walk as long as they like with no bells. Tea is available and interviews with Bhante Rahula may be available.
We now offer a space for doing a Self retreat for experienced meditators, to come for between two-seven days outside of organized retreats, here at our center. A meditator recently did so and offers her experience here for those who might be needing some time for oneself in a conducive environment.
“This summer I spent a few days on a “self-retreat” at Lion of Wisdom. The mechanics of it went like this. I slept out in a tent under the trees and stars. Every day I got up at 5:00, drank a cup of tea, and did morning yoga with Bhante Rahula. Then we sat for an hour, then ate breakfast, and then I spent the rest of the day meditating on my own time and in my own way. I would sit in the meditation hall, or do walking meditation inside or out, or sit outside in a little mosquito netting meditation tent. I’d drink more tea here and there. We ate lunch in the middle of the day. Then in the evening Bhante would lead me in another yoga session, followed by another hour of sitting together, and then it was time for bed.
On a formal retreat, your days tend to be pretty structured, and you’re given instructions in what to do. Formal retreats are invaluable. But it’s a really cool and interesting practice to try to structure your own day of meditation, which is what you have to do on a self-retreat. You realize you need to pay close attention to your instincts, so you know what feels like the right thing to do in each moment, and then commit to doing that thing. This can require a more subtle awareness of what’s going on in your mind than when you are simply following someone else’s instructions. It’s a really cool thing to watch and act on, and I think it probably helps your awareness develop beyond the days you are on retreat.
I am really grateful for these days of self-retreat at Lion of Wisdom. Especially now, when so many meditation centers are closed down because of coronavirus, it was so great to be able to go sit somewhere that was not my apartment, and to be in a space dedicated to meditation, designed to helping me fully dedicate myself to meditation. If you have a couple days to spare, I highly recommend it.
If you would like to come for a self-retreat of between 2-7 days (perhaps longer) send an e-mail request to Bhante Rahula at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The DOMs, Days of Mindfulness will begin again when the Pandemic social distancing guidelines are relaxed further.
Three types of meditation sessions/retreats normally offered here at the Pannasiha/ Lion of Wisdom Meditation Center.
Days of Mindfulness (DOM). Note; The DOM’s are suspended until further notice.
These typically are held on one or two Saturdays per month. They begin at 9 am and finish at 4.30 pm; they are geared towards relative beginners with some light yoga stretches, instruction/guided meditation and a Dhamma talk. More experienced meditators are also welcome. Bring a bag lunch or veg. pot luck dish to share.
Two or three day retreats.
These will usually begin on a Friday night with a DOM on Saturday and continue until 4pm the next day or an additional day. People must register for staying overnight as dorm type sleeping accommodation is limited. People living nearby have option to go home in evening and come back next morning; breakfast and lunch will be provided. People are expected to observe the monastic rule of not eating solid food afternoon; No evening meals will be served. However, persons with medical need can bring there own snack supplement. No cooking is allowed but a microwave may be available to warm up soup etc.
People should inform us of this need.
Things to bring with you: Sleeping bag or bed sheets, pillow case, personal towel, yoga mat if you have one, house slippers and refillable water bottle.
There is no charge for any of these programs but donations are gratefully accepted, as this center exists solely on donations to support this service.
The recordings from the Thanksgiving retreat are available at these links: