Zoom Recorded Dhamma Talks & Sutta Study Sessions
Links to the Zoom Recorded Dhamma talks and Sutta study sessions on YouTube.
- April 12th 1st Dhamma talk, Q&A, and guided meditation: https://youtu.be/Kixt0Q5VATs
- April 15th, 1st Sutta Study, Turning the Wheel of Dhamma: https://youtu.be/xOEmRNDUzIY
- April 19th 2nd Dhamma talk– 3 Levels of Suffering: https://youtu.be/O1uXxuDmRiU
- April 22nd sutta study, Sabbasava Sutta:https://youtu.be/nUC5DaSP0BI
- April 26th, Dhamma Talk on Five Aggregates: https://youtu.be/3ldtJOaBSxc
- April 29th sutta study, Sammaditthi sutta, M.9: https://youtu.be/7vQNjIdG6_E
- May 3rd Vesak Puja/Dhamma/Talk/Meditation:https://youtu.be/dhE4eQ_0UhY
- May 6th Sutta Study, Mahacattarisaka, M117: https://youtu.be/c0WUrHmetjw
- May 10th Dhamma talk:Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta:https://youtu.be/LsqV18HIt8A
- May 13th Sutta Study, Anatta Lakkhana: https://youtu.be/QXhFBfaqogk
- May 17th Dhamma Talk: Intro to Meditation; https://youtu.be/2wQvzFX1Y-w
- May 20th Sutta Study, Mindfulness of the Body, M.119: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBQ4hnokihM
- May 24th Dhamma talk, Wisdom, Mindfulness and Concentration plus Five Hinderances: https://youtu.be/jYseGztM2Bs
- May 27th Sutta Study, Conquest over the Five Hinderances, selected excerpts: https://youtu.be/3NIX5Y-YxpU
- May 31st Dhamma Talk, Insight Knowledges: https://youtu.be/aFyNGMRQVsU
June 3rd Sutta Study, Satipatthana Sutta, M.10: https://youtu.be/mcU-HmJS8LI
Meditation programs with Bhante Rahula
We will gradually be re-opening in-house meditation programs and weekend retreats.
July 4th weekend informal retreat, July3-5. Those living more than one hour drive away from LOW can stay overnight; Bring a tent if you like and kinda camp out in our large meadow; We’ll have a bonfire, meditate on the fire element and view the local fireworks. Limited to 8 persons to maintain space. E-mail Bhante Rahula to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the time being we will have A.I., Afternoon Intensive practice on Saturdays between 2-5 pm. We will keep a minimum of six feet apart. You can also sit outside weather permitting in our grassy meadow using our single meditation tents if you like.
If you would like to come for a self-retreat of between 2-7 days (perhaps longer) send an e-mail request to Bhante Rahula at: email@example.com
The DOMs, Days of Mindfulness will begin again when the Pandemic social distancing guidelines are relaxed further.
Three types of meditation sessions/retreats normally offered here at the Pannasiha/ Lion of Wisdom Meditation Center.
Days of Mindfulness (DOM).
These typically are held on one or two Saturdays per month. They begin at 9 am and finish at 4.30 pm; they are geared towards relative beginners with some light yoga stretches, instruction/guided meditation and a Dhamma talk. More experienced meditators are also welcome. Bring a bag lunch or veg. pot luck dish to share.
Afternoon Intensives (AI)
These are held on the Saturday between the DOMs from 2-5 pm. They are geared for experienced practioners who do not need any instructions or guidance. People can sit or walk as long as they like with no bells. Tea is available and interviews with Bhante Rahula may be available.
Two or three day retreats.
These will usually begin on a Friday night with a DOM on Saturday and continue until 4pm the next day or an additional day. People must register for staying overnight as dorm type sleeping accommodation is limited. People living nearby have option to go home in evening and come back next morning; breakfast and lunch will be provided. People are expected to observe the monastic rule of not eating solid food afternoon; No evening meals will be served. However, persons with medical need can bring there own snack supplement. No cooking is allowed but a microwave may be available to warm up soup etc.
People should inform us of this need.
Things to bring with you: Sleeping bag or bed sheets, pillow case, personal towel, yoga mat if you have one, house slippers and refillable water bottle.
There is no charge for any of these programs but donations are gratefully accepted, as this center exists solely on donations to support this service.